Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Chop Ramen

Made some ramen the other day.  started with some pork chops from Costco, marinated for 24 hrs in a char siu sauce (brown sugar, soy, five spice, sliced ginger, pepper, hoisin, garlic, and some red food coloring).  

Tossed on the egg for about 20min at 300* direct until they hit 150*.  Glass of Laphroaig to pass the time. 

While the chops were cooking I organized the toppings prepped the night before - mushrooms, sprouts, green onion, carrot, jalapeño, smoked oysters, lime, homemade sriracha sauce, and some marinated soft boiled eggs from the day before.  

Diced up the pork chops and prepped the bowls.  Ended up tasting great, but I wish I had not taken the short cut with boxed premade  ramen broth and had made my own.  Also, PSA - day 3 ramen marinated egg leftovers are NOT recommended, eat fresh after slicing 🥴.  Cheers!

Comments