Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Working on some variations of meatballs

Options
MasterC
MasterC Posts: 1,373
edited March 2020 in EggHead Forum
Getting ready to cook at my first Eggfest in June so I'm working on a menu. Tried out a few versions of meatballs. First was a spicy bbq glazed cheese and jalapeno which was a take on my meat loaf recipe. This was a 50/50 mix of venison and pork. They were really good but the texture was a little soft my liking. Used breadcrumbs, eggs and milk to bring it together. 

My second try was a sweet and sour 100% venison meatball with ginger and a sweet and sour glaze. This time I omitted the milk using only breadcrumbs and eggs. Freaking awesome, texture had the bite I wanted.

Third attempt was a cream cheese stuffed version of my first mix the 50/50 minus the bbq glaze. Again this one was a winner in flavor and the creamy cheese really played well with the softer texture but I would prefer more bite. 

I guess I could omitted the milk but I'm wondering if the pork may have contributed to soft texture. 

Any thoughts? I'm so looking forward to participating in the fest.

Fort Wayne Indiana 

Comments