Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- Blackstone 22” sale.

Options
johnnyp
johnnyp Posts: 3,932
Available online via Walmart. Eligible for in-store pickup.

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Great price!   I got a pretty good deal when I purchased and it was 148 then. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up, just snagged one. Picking up tomorrow.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Thanks. I bought one as well. It’ll be good for BAM Blast. 
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    This is very tempting. For those who have one, how steady are those legs?
    Stillwater, MN
  • rekameohs
    rekameohs Posts: 263
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Available online via Walmart.
    I got my 28" when WalMart had a close out a couple years back (thanks to a heads up on this forum !).  I thought they were getting away from Blackstone, but saw during a recent visit they now have several models on display - more than I knew were available.

Raleigh, NC
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    johnnyp said:

Thanks for the heads up. Got mine today for that same price.

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    johnnyp said:

Did you get yours from Walmart in Dawsonville? I saw another one in the pickup area when I got mine today. 
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    johnnyp said:

Did you get yours from Walmart in Dawsonville? I saw another one in the pickup area when I got mine today. 
    No, Walmart in Cornelia, but it seems we are almost neighbors.
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Ordered. Dang it. I already have a 17”. 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • kl8ton
    Options
    This is very tempting. For those who have one, how steady are those legs?
    They are steady.  No issues.  One great thing about the legs is that they are individually adjustable.  You can accommodate any slope and still have your grease drain to the back. 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • epcotisbest
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Yeah, I have the 17 too. When I showed my wife the new one she did not understand why I wanted another one. I did point out the extra cooking space and lovely stand and lid. She just shook her head as she went back in the house, but did leave with a knowing smile.
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Yeah, I have the 17 too. When I showed my wife the new one she did not understand why I wanted another one. I did point how the extra cooking space and lovely stand. She just shook her head as she went back in the house, but did leave with a knowing smile.
    Mine will show up as a Monday surprise.  I'll update later. What could go wrong?
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • kl8ton
    Options
    Yeah, I have the 17 too. When I showed my wife the new one she did not understand why I wanted another one. I did point how the extra cooking space and lovely stand. She just shook her head as she went back in the house, but did leave with a knowing smile.
    One deciding factor for me was the stand.  I had the 17 and wanted the stand and cover for it.  I think they were 100 each.  It was obvious what I had to do. 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    One deciding factor for me was the stand.  I had the 17 and wanted the stand and cover for it.  I think they were 100 each.  It was obvious what I had to do. 
    I felt I had to get one as well. Besides, how could I question the need for the stand and lid without knowing for myself?
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Yeah, I have the 17 too. When I showed my wife the new one she did not understand why I wanted another one. I did point out the extra cooking space and lovely stand and lid. She just shook her head as she went back in the house, but did leave with a knowing smile.
    I gave away two 36” Blackstones a while back. Luckily I didn’t get the stink eye when I picked up #3. 
  • Ike
    Ike Posts: 291
    Options
    Pick ours up tomorrow at store
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Now I remember why I gave two of them away. What a low quality piece of junk. Welds broken on arrival. Valves dont work at all. Low/High... it’s all the same. 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
     Well this jumped in my truck on the way home from work today. Perfect timing as we’re going camping with 17 people this weekend. 

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Griffin said:
     Well this jumped in my truck on the way home from work today. Perfect timing as we’re going camping with 17 people this weekend. 
    Will yours get over 400F? Mine won’t. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Mine must have had some initial gunk in the orifice. It hit about 525F on the second coat on seasoning and it’s finally hot enough to set the seasoning. 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Man, I’m glad this got spotted and taken advantage of by the horde.

Im seasoning up, now.  Wondering how this 1lb propane tank will hold up. The 36” chews through the stuff.  Basically took a whole 5 gal tank to season the big boy. 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Back up to $175
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited March 2020
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Man, I’m glad this got spotted and taken advantage of by the horde.

Im seasoning up, now.  Wondering how this 1lb propane tank will hold up. The 36” chews through the stuff.  Basically took a whole 5 gal tank to season the big boy. 
    I couldn’t take it. I was using a 1lb bottle for each cook. Finally I just went to wallyworld And got the 5lb tank adapter for $10, worth every cent.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Griffin
    Options
    Griffin said:
    I don’t have an iinfared gun to check but it was smoking hot

Rowlett, Texas

• Griffin
    Options

Rowlett, Texas

• Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    Options
    Killer deal. I got my 22 for $50 and then spent $99 for the stand
    XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m
  • SmokeyLopey
    SmokeyLopey Posts: 435
    Options
    I wish this would quit coming to the top of the page. I don't need one, but am finding it hard to resist!
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I wish this would quit coming to the top of the page. I don't need one, but am finding it hard to resist!
    Sale price is gone, you're safe.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 566
    Options
    I got the 24 for camping but the wife likes us to use the Q220 gas grill better and the 24 takes a large tank to perform well. It eats the green bottles up and crashes their pressure so much the griddle will not stay hot enough.   For home the 24 is too small. I want a 36 when can get on great sale.
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,530
    Options
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga