Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Caveman, Dirty Beef, Clinched, T-bone

Options
smbishop
smbishop Posts: 3,053
edited February 2020 in EggHead Forum
Whatever you call it, this cook is fun...

Choice, on sale t-none, why not?

Steak seasoning, lots of pepper, and some cayenne.  Rested on the counter about an hour and sprayed with canola oil.  2 minutes per side, twice...

Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    great cook Scott
    Lawn Ranger would approve of the tator tots  =)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Had me at caveman and you brought the cook home.  Just look at the juices on the cutting board after you get past the money shot for the win!  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Nice job......I'll have one of yours anytime.

My experience with the Caveman is the thicker the cut the better. Also, it will drive a nice hard outer crust....which i like. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Dumb Question here:  doesn't the steak pick up a bunch of ash, cooking this way?  :confused:

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.