Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulling your meat?

Options
So I just bought one of those powerful Kitchenaid mixers.  Has anyone tried pulling their meat with it?  crazy trash blasphemer, or cool life hack?

https://youtu.be/odo8K2zwE3o?t=41

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,369
    Options
    Yes, it works well.
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,500
    Options
    Too many options for a Friday... B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,227
    Options
    I’m not a fan. Pork is meant to be pulled by hand. 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,367
    Options
    I’m not a fan. Pork is meant to be pulled by hand. 
    Chicken too 
    Jacksonville FL
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Yes when making several 9x13 pans of chicken enchiladas.  I smoked lots of boneless skinless chicken breasts and put them thru the KA mixer.  It was just ok. I felt it was hard on the mixer,  loud,  certainly not made with love.  😁

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Too many options for a Friday... B)
    I know, right? I’ve had enough Jefferson’s Reserve to know I need to leave this alone. Great Friday night thread. 

To the OP’s question - I’ve never tried it but the theory seems sound. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Every chance I get.
    Until my arms get tired.  
  • JonWesson
    Options
    by hand quality determines time.  can be under five min if rushed
    large small and mini all in legal proceedings but i can use them for now no more, all gone                                                                                                                        usa somewhere on the road