Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE touch up paint

I didn't see anything on corp site, so was wondering what have forum members used?

Thank You
aka marysvilleksegghead
Lrg 2008
mini 2009
XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
Henny Youngman:
I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    It’s a glaze....and is fired in a kiln. You can’t touch it up to factory look. Paint may not withstand the heat.....but you are welcome to try.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Crazing is not covered by the warranty. The loss of chunks of glaze is. That's my understanding anyway. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    edited February 2020
    Call Bruce @ the mothership.  He sent me a small tester bottle - gratis!  If you find no joy there, PM me - I'll send you what I have left.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,118
    TN_Egger said:
    Call Bruce @ the mothership.  He sent me a small tester bottle - gratis!  If you find no joy there, PM me - I'll send you what I have left.
    Agree, I got a little bottle a few years ago. Not perfect match but better than chipped white ceramic looked. Still holding strong. 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • bobroo
    bobroo Posts: 143
    BGE touch up paint is sold at every corner drug store.....it’s mixed in with the other nail polish colors.
    If it's brown, it's cook'in....If it's black, it's done ---my Grandfather     Medium BGE
  • Photo Egg said:
    TN_Egger said:
    Agree, I got a little bottle a few years ago. Not perfect match but better than chipped white ceramic looked. Still holding strong. 
    Agree with these guys. I called BGE and they sent me a bottle free and less than a week. I made the call about 2 weeks ago. Don’t buy it! Call BGE.
  • My dealer ordered a small bottle from the mothership about a year ago after a chip.  They charged $2, but I probably could have gotten it gratis by going directly to the mothership.  The color match was not perfect, but it seems to have blended in better over time.  I have to really look for it now to spot the repair.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,789
    I emailed my local dealer . . . he can order a small bottle, god knows when he'll
    get it in this 1 horse town  . . . :|
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • I’m not on the touch up mode.  Edge of my XL dome chipped off, so I had dealer replace the dome. Easy peasy...done.
  • Scej12
    Scej12 Posts: 1
    Is it necessary; or even a good idea to hit it with a heat gun...?  Dealers provide the touch-up paint for free from BGE.  I got a small bottle yesterday and just touched mine up.  I was going to hit it with a blast of heat, but don't know if this will hurt or help...?  Any thoughts on this??  Thanks. 
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,789
    I got the touch up paint for my daughters mini ceramic cap, have to update when I hear from her
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,118
    Scej12 said:
    Is it necessary; or even a good idea to hit it with a heat gun...?  Dealers provide the touch-up paint for free from BGE.  I got a small bottle yesterday and just touched mine up.  I was going to hit it with a blast of heat, but don't know if this will hurt or help...?  Any thoughts on this??  Thanks. 
    No heat treatment.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas