Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This is where it started

Options
This is a where my Eggsperience started 3 years ago. My wife surprised me with a LG. Sorry I didn't have it uncovered in the picture. Where did you first light it up?
And it didn't stop there, my little webber was pissed
Fort Wayne Indiana 

Comments

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    edited January 2020
    Options
    My first BGE was the result of Hurricane Katrina 2005. My house was flooded and had to be totally gutted and renovated. Fema provided us with a Fema trailer. My wife and youngest daughter and I lived in the trailer for a year or so on our driveway. All our neighbors were in the same situation, houses flood and most were rebuilding living in Fema trailers on their driveways.
    After a few weeks in the trailer, we realized that cooking on the small stove and oven in the trailer was a major problem. When the Ace hardware store nearby finally re-opened, I figured that there was no better time to justify buying a Lg Big Green Egg. It was a great decision. I cooked on it everyday. At first we were limited to what food was available at the grocery stores, the ones that were opened. But, shortly I was cooking burgers, ribs, chicken, wings, sausage, butts. I even cooked a pan of lasagna on the BGE, all while living on the driveway :-). The BGE was one of the few positive highlights of our time in the Fema trailer. it made the neighborhood smell better and my neighbors enjoyed sharing the food. It was an experience I'll never forget. Sure hope we never flood again.....
    My lg egg is still going strong and a few years later I added a med bge to the family.

"I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,472
    Options
    TigerTony said:
    My first BGE was the result of Hurricane Katrina 2005. My house was flooded and had to be totally gutted and renovated. Fema provided us with a Fema trailer. My wife and youngest daughter and I lived in the trailer for a year or so on our driveway. All our neighbors were in the same situation, houses flood and most were rebuilding living in Fema trailers on their driveways.
    After a few weeks in the trailer, we realized that cooking on the small stove and oven in the trailer was a major problem. When the Ace hardware store nearby finally re-opened, I figured that there was no better time to justify buying a Lg Big Green Egg. It was a great decision. I cooked on it everyday. At first we were limited to what food was available at the grocery stores, the ones that were opened. But, shortly I was cooking burgers, ribs, chicken, wings, sausage, butts. I even cooked a pan of lasagna on the BGE, all while living on the driveway :-). The BGE was one of the few positive highlights of our time in the Fema trailer. it made the neighborhood smell better and my neighbors enjoyed sharing the food. It was an experience I'll never forget. Sure hope we never flood again.....
    My lg egg is still going strong and a few years later I added a med bge to the family.

That's a cool story.  Hopin' for no more flooding, too.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited January 2020
    Options
    First cook on my new to me XL. May 2018. By May 2019 there was a new large next to it in the new outdoor kitchen.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.