Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New year's Eve menu

Options
Happy New year's Eve all. We have my in-laws and parents over for the festivities. I Here decided to cook some if my 2019 favorites from this forum. Here is the menu.

Main: prime filets lightly rubbed with dp cow lick, I also served green lightning shrimp 
Sides: balsamic soy broccoli
Desert: sous vide chocolate creme pots

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,098
    Options
    Very nice....Happy New Year!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    All that rocks! Thanks for sharing! My bride of 53 years now and I had a filet each and nice .75 pound wild caught lobster tail each. 

Then in the morning we will have bloody Mary’s and before noon Eggs Benedict with Champagne. And lastly for supper a New Years tradition since I was 9 years old...(66 years now - YES 66 years) we will have chili! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • onpoint456
    Options
    RRP said:
    All that rocks! Thanks for sharing! My bride of 53 years now and I had a filet each and nice .75 pound wild caught lobster tail each. 

Then in the morning we will have bloody Mary’s and before noon Eggs Benedict with Champagne. And lastly for supper a New Years tradition since I was 9 years old...(66 years now - YES 66 years) we will have chili! 
    Very nice. Tomorrow will be breakfast casserole with mimosas and the Baja wave pulled pork tacos. More pictures to come.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,297
    Options
    Left over pizza tonight but tomorrow will be a slab of ribs, collards, and t.b.d.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    ThT right there is a fantastic meal.  Happy new year!  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    Prime rib going on the egg.  Came out perfect at 125 degrees. Had twice baked potatoes and green bean casserole. Just waiting for the ball to fall now!
  • onpoint456
    Options
    Prime rib going on the egg.  Came out perfect at 125 degrees. Had twice baked potatoes and green bean casserole. Just waiting for the ball to fall now!nice piece of meat there 😉

What is everyone else cooking?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Options
    I concocted some Red Beans Anne Rice that was insanely good.  I couldn't have done it without the andouille Larry ( aka @lkapigian ) sent me this week.  Had Ariel's (neighbor out of town) mom who is pet sitting over.  Sometimes you get lucky and even Bridget, who isn't a fan of red beans was raving.  

(Patting myself on the back)

Happy new decade, beotches!
    Options
    PS - pressure cookers rule
    Options
    Do you use one pretty regularly?
    NC - LBGE
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    I concocted some Red Beans Anne Rice that was insanely good.  I couldn't have done it without the andouille Larry ( aka @lkapigian ) sent me this week.  Had Ariel's (neighbor out of town) mom who is pet sitting over.  Sometimes you get lucky and even Bridget, who isn't a fan of red beans was raving.  

(Patting myself on the back)

Happy new decade, beotches!

Damn, that andouille is beautiful @lkapigian
    NOLA
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    wardo said:
    Do you use one pretty regularly?

They are awesome for beans, lentils, stocks and things like that.  We use ours frequently.
    NOLA
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    That is a great-looking spread. That's doing it up right!
    Stillwater, MN