Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BURGERS....Does anyone else..

Options
Mix in sausage with their ground?

I usually mix in 1/4 lb of regular jimmy dean to every lb of beef...(and an egg).
Have:
 XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
Had:
LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
Ola, Ga

Comments

• littlerascal56
    Options
    That’s pretty common around here. I have done those before, and my local Dillons sells burger/sausage mix in 3# packages (2# fresh 80/20, 1# fresh sausage). Lots of German cooking uses that mix.
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,530
    Options
    That’s pretty common around here. I have done those before, and my local Dillons sells burger/sausage mix in 3# packages (2# fresh 80/20, 1# fresh sausage). Lots of German cooking uses that mix.
    I did this a few years ago by accident and never looked back. Its not overpowering at all, IMO. The kids, wife, and I enjoy it. 

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    i like my burgers more rare than a sausage or bacon cook although bacon can be served pretty rare, even raw. ive gone back to medium rare burgers straight up.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,530
    Options
    i like my burgers more rare than a sausage or bacon cook although bacon can be served pretty rare, even raw. ive gone back to medium rare burgers straight up.
    I usually pull the burgers @ a internal temp of 165-170
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    When I grind my own burgers I like to add a link of good smoked sausage like jalapeño or green onion so I don't have to cook to such a high temp.
    Adds a great flavor as well.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Sometimes I mix in some ground pork.  Occasionally other seasoning or Worcester.  BUT since I started making smash burgers I tend to make most burgers (smashed or formed patty) with nothing but the beef.  Then add some S&P while cooking.
    LBGE/Maryland
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I got some bacon the other day that was about 80% lean.  I ate a bunch of it raw, it was like prosciutto.  Still alive. 

Options
    I got some bacon the other day that was about 80% lean.  I ate a bunch of it raw, it was like prosciutto.  Still alive. 

room temp, a little black pepper, but will still take prosciutto or speck everytime.  not sure  i want it raw in a burger

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • AnothaStolenGenrator
    Options
    If I can find it yes.  But sausage goes quick around here.