Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egret's Hams

Options
Three of 'egret's' hams fresh off the Big Green Egg........Headed for Santa's gift bag !!! Four to go........Alexandria in the background checking things out !!

Comments

• Wolfpack1
    Options
    Great to see you posting on the forum- for those that haven’t tried these hams it is totally worth the effort

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    edited December 2019
    Options
    John,

Nice to see you checking in! 7 hams, huh? You really are STILL the GodFather of gifters!
    As usual I will be egging the MUCH requested, MUCH loved, and HEAVILY devoured Egret ham for our Christmas dinner.

I don’t like using those spiral sliced hams for your recipe..kinda hard to keep the injected goodness inside when the meat is sliced clear through making run off too easy! 

Merry Christmas, John!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • wallagm
    Options
    I made one of these for the first time over Thanksgiving. It was a huge success!
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,350
    Options
    I'd probably be banned from the Holidays if I did a ham any other way.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    A classic and a favorite, great to see your post!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    RRP said:
    John,

Nice to see you checking in! 7 hams, huh? You really are STILL the GodFather of gifters!
    As usual I will be egging the MUCH requested, MUCH loved, and HEAVILY devoured Egret ham for our Christmas dinner.

I don’t like using those spiral sliced hams for your recipe..kinda hard to keep the injected goodness inside when the meat is sliced clear through making run off too easy! 

Merry Christmas, John!
    Thank you, brother Ron. Actually, I did one more this past weekend........that was for us !!!
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    “Egret”...name rings a bell...
    Great to see you post John!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas