Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

APL Hatch Green Chile Chicken

Options
Prior to taking a closer look at the weather I committed to making dinner tonight and settled on APL's Hatch Green Chile Chicken.

The chicken starts in a foil pan, covered, with garlic, butter, water and a bunch of Hatch chile seasoning. I added some diced Hatch chiles I had in my freezer.

After an hour plus in the foil the chicken gets another dusting of chile powder, goes skin side down on the grates and then skin side up to finish.

We ate it with green rice and a side salad. Pretty tasty. I think this dish would be great for entertaining a large group as the recipe is setup for 8 servings. I cut mine in half for tonight and still have two huge breasts in the refrigerator for a future meal.

The rain put a damper on my spirits as I was in and out of the house a dozen times with wet shoes and back and forth to the kitchen. Not recommended for a rainy day as APLs recipes are always complicated. This one was on the simpler side for APL.

Mountain View, CA

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Those looks pretty amazing!  Nice job!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for sharing.  I have made that in the past as well.  Good meal!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.