Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked cheddar

Options
Variety of smoked cheddars on the LBGE last weekend with the Amazen Smoker box filled with Traeger signature blend. Cold smoked for about 5 hours, since one side went out early. 

- 2 lbs Tillamook Extra Sharp
- 2.5 lbs Tillamook Sharp
- 2.5 lbs Tillamook Medium
- 4 lbs Costco Sharp Cheddar

cant wait till January to sample and compare!

Albuquerque, NM - LBGE and an old rusted gasser that I use for accessory storage.

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Very nice. Reminds me that I still have some smokes old cheddar and Beemster in the freezer!
  • Boileregger
    Options
    Why the toothpicks?
  • Plutonium
    Options
    Why the toothpicks?
    They were my markers to indicate which cheese is which, since there were 4 different cheddars. 
    Albuquerque, NM - LBGE and an old rusted gasser that I use for accessory storage.

• 7lenny7
    Options
    Nice job!

I used my Amazen smoker tube for the first time the other day for cheese.  It was -5F outside and my thermometer never budged.  I went 4 hours with the apple pellets and smoked Cabot aged white sharp cheddar, Dubliner, Jarlsburg, and...my favorite...habenero cheddar!  All from Costco.  I'm really looking forward to melting some of that habenero cheddar over some fat, juice egg-cooked burgers in a few weeks.  

I think for my next batch I'll smoke some mozzarella to use in making pizzas on the egg, as well as more aged sharp cheddar.  Amazing stuff.