Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Christmas Goose

Options
mr toad
mr toad Posts: 779
I have never cook a goose

i do need help - any ideas and suggestions

mrtoad
See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                    Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large

Comments

• SmokeyLopey
    Options
    Here is a link to a previous thread. I hope this helps. You can google egghead forum goose for more results.

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1217194/christmas-goose
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,756
    Options
    think big drip pan, theres five gallons grease in a ten pound goose. have only cooked one back 30 years ago, grease everywhere ;) if i did one now it would be spatched, low and slow, raised direct.smoking like crazy
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Prick the skin all over, so the fat can render out. I still remember the grease burns from when I smoked a goose 12 yrs ago. Ouch!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    Sir Rodney!!! So glad to see you are still kicking as we say! Hard to keep us old f*rts down, huh? Are you still sailing the Atlantic and waters on down? Is your brother still up North since he retired from "the clothe"?
    Good luck with protecting your home, yourself and your loved ones if you still go ahead with that goose grease bomb! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.