Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PSA - Check your thermometers!

Options
A friendly reminder to check your thermometers for accuracy by putting them in boiling water. My grill is currently 350 instead of 275 because the thermometer wasn't working. Not the end of the world, just glad I discovered it tonight instead of when I was cooking Thanksgiving dinner!! Two out of three thermometers were off!

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Calibrate your oven as well. I had to adjust mine by 35 degrees when I checked it. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    To nail the cook(s) you have to believe your indications.  Thus cal check on a routine basis so you have confidence in the output.  BTW the BGE tel-tru thermos that I have are quite dependable.  Only had to adjust one by less than 10*F in the past several years.  I will usually cal-check them all (including the digitals) prior to any L&S cook.  Doesn't take long.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.