Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - KitchenAid Mixer Cutaway - OT

Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
edited November 2019 in Off Topic
Saw this today and thought it was pretty cool and some here might find it useful.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Very cool!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I looks broken
  • I have one of those - actually both halves are still together and working well. I bought one before I married my bride (41+ years ago). It finally broke down one Thanksgiving, so I replaced it about 15 years ago. New one is going fine. Ours is the K5, the larger one with two bowl holders to lift the bowl up and down. We just bought our twin grand daughters (23) the K45, slightly smaller one (as pictured in the cutaway) for their birthday/Christmas presents. They both learned to cook from their G-ma (as they used to call her).

P.S., that cutaway brought back nightmares of high school drafting class projects using cutaway objects. Mine was a fuel pump. What a struggle that was.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Someone just got a shiny new diamond saw and the temptation was too great...  =)

@GeezerSteve, engineering drafting was the one class in college that I did well in, in fact was a TA for the class my last year.  Sadly, my career never went into that area, it came close a couple times, but nada.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Great view of the flux capacitor right there. 
  • jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
    edited January 2020
    The kitchen aid factory is here in ohio in greenville.  So is the test kitchen.  Not many know this but, all kitchen aid stores give an additional 35% off with AAA.  every box that gets dented goes back to the factory for an overhaul and sent to this store for refurbished sales.  $164 to $184 out the door on the 6 qt pro lift mixers.  Just an fyi.  You cant fathom the avail colors and the amount of accessories all in one place.  Any custom color you want, including USA flag etc.  The factory tour down the street, make your ow. They also ship from there cheap.  The basement has a museum
    Columbus, Ohio