Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Comments

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 9,608
    Ha Ha...Good thing their gaskets come off so easy.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 25,297
    Photo Egg said:
    Ha Ha...Good thing their gaskets come off so easy.
    i believe my older egg was just penciled on.  ace wants a serial number, they now have one

• RRPRRP Posts: 22,993
    edited November 7
    Obviously the new eggs may have that, but those of us with old eggs with no replacement domes or bases need not tear off any gaskets as there are no serial numbers under there. The whole serial number thing is a newer change BGE made. I wonder how many dealers today even know that!

I still liked the idea of walk in the door with a problem at your dealer and walk out with the replacement! My dealer carried many pieces and prided himself in that type of service!  
    L, M, S &  Mini
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • REB17REB17 Posts: 53
    RRP said:
    Obviously the new eggs may have that, but those of us with old eggs with no replacement domes or bases need not tear off any gaskets as there are no serial numbers under there. The whole serial number thing is a newer change BGE made. I wonder how many dealers today even know that!

I still liked the idea of walk in the door with a problem at your dealer and walk out with the replacement! My dealer carried many pieces and prided himself in that type of service!  
    My LBGE is over 20 yrs old and all it says is Made in Mexico
    LGBE-1999, MBGE-2003, SBGE-2007

Midlothian, VA
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    My XXL does not have a serial number, but I have a certificate with a number that came with it.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 15,289
    RRP said:

Sadly that kind of service doesn't exist any longer, Ron.  I fear that pretty soon we will be as bad as Denmark. 
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

• theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 17,929
    RRP said:

Sadly that kind of service doesn't exist any longer, Ron.  I fear that pretty soon we will be as bad as Denmark. 
    Two things that I hate.  Intolerance and the Dutch!
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. My wings either. 
  • kl8tonkl8ton Posts: 2,735
    edited November 7
    RRP said:

Is that an all inclusive list?
    LBGE, MiniMax - 17, 22, and 36"Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
    REB17 said:
    RRP said:

My LBGE is over 20 yrs old and all it says is Made in Mexico
    Mine are probably older than that, even though I just bought my first one 20 years ago. Even though it was long rumored that they were made in Mexico FOR YEARS from high quality clay none of my eggs (4) have any Made in Mexico embedded casting labels. Maybe mine are older than dirt just like me LOL! 
    L, M, S &  Mini

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • gnatnoopgnatnoop Posts: 18
    Found the serial number on my large bge.....225°

:) 

• LegumeLegume Posts: 9,958
    RRP said:

See if the wife will give you a map this year for Christmas.
    RRP said:

my 2002 egg has no serial or markings except for BGE on dome, 2005 its under the gasket i removed when it was new.  always seems to be a hassle, 214 mile round trip to get the ring and box pics, then they want a pic of the serial number. well its not that i was going to head north anyways but 428 miles of driving is a bit much to ask for, and i bought a new band and hinge the day i started the claim
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 13,085
    That’s a PITA. The last time I made a warranty claim, the dealer gave me the fire ring and firebox and said it would be fine to email a copy of the original receipt later when I got home. Yours could have easily said the same. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 14,328
    I wonder if that is where my Mini # is. I haven’t seen it anywhere else.
  • dmchicagodmchicago Posts: 1,796
    RRP said:

I still liked the idea of walk in the door with a problem at your dealer and walk out with the replacement! 
    The Costco model?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • OhioEggerOhioEgger Posts: 588
    I've only had one warranty claim (cracked firebox) and my dealer asked for the serial number. I looked for at least half an hour and never found anything except MC MEXICO inside the dome (bought in 2011). I had my original receipt so I gave him a copy of that and he was happy. 
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
    edited November 8
    dmchicago said:
    RRP said:

I still liked the idea of walk in the door with a problem at your dealer and walk out with the replacement! 
    The Costco model?
    The COSTCO model means if your company wants to sell your product EVEN the  discontinued ones to get your brand name out there then "you" will eat anything that a buyer brings back.

The early BGE dealer honor reputation I was talking about was just that...honor...and trust in your dealer.

I really hate to think at my ripe old age of 75 that such trust and honor is history.
    L, M, S &  Mini

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 9,958
    It’s just sad nowadays.
  • littlerascal56littlerascal56 Posts: 1,005
    My dealer had me e-mail a photo of cracked dome, and a photo of receipt, and photo of serial number in rear of dome.  Got a new dome 3 weeks later, but had to give them the cracked one. They are giving up the BGE line, so I will have to find another dealer in another town.

I like how KJ warrantied my last firebox, with just a picture.  It was registered since new so they just shipped a new firebox via Fedex. I am still using that cracked one and saving the new style 5 pc one till I need it.

Land of OZ-Hays Kansas

BGE XL++Flameboss 300 WiFi++Blackstone 36"++2 Weber Kettles

My dealer had me e-mail a photo of cracked dome, and a photo of receipt, and photo of serial number in rear of dome.  Got a new dome 3 weeks later, but had to give them the cracked one. 
    Boy...with that kind of "trust" of his customers it's a wonder the dealer has stayed in business at all! And just what does he plan to do with that cracked dome?...I have an idea what he should do with it...!
    L, M, S &  Mini

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • alaskanassasinalaskanassasin Posts: 2,165
    edited November 8
    @littlerascal56 how did your dome crack?!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.
  • littlerascal56littlerascal56 Posts: 1,005
    Dome cracked at front edge, under the gasket by the handle.  My BGE dealer is a HUGE John Deere implement dealership.  I think they are dropping BGE to be a Traeger pellet grill dealer.  Much more volume of sales, and not much warranty issues.

They really didn’t promote the BGE product, but many farmer/ranchers bought them on their farm accounts, because they could deduct on their income taxes every year.  Selling Traeger will be same customer market (farmers/ranchers) but profit will be better, especially considering overpriced Traeger pellets.  It’s a economic decision for them!

Land of OZ-Hays Kansas

BGE XL++Flameboss 300 WiFi++Blackstone 36"++2 Weber Kettles

RRP said:

my 2002 egg has no serial or markings except for BGE on dome, 2005 its under the gasket i removed when it was new.  always seems to be a hassle, 214 mile round trip to get the ring and box pics, then they want a pic of the serial number. well its not that i was going to head north anyways but 428 miles of driving is a bit much to ask for, and i bought a new band and hinge the day i started the claim
    been waiting for a firebox and ring since mid october =) still waiting for just the approval. i think im getting close though, ace IS the place

officially approved, they got shaky when i told them i had 6663 forum points
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 13,085
    officially approved, they got shaky when i told them i had 6663 forum points
      :rofl:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.