Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SV Tenderloin

Options
SV @ 131 for 3 hours with salt an pepper. Seared for two minutes per side with some @Nature Boy Dizzy Pig “Raising the Steaks” mixed in butter.  Served with a twice baked potato.  

I rarely buy tenderloin, this one was good!

Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    That looks fantastic. Love your plated pic.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Very nicely done sir. Thanks for sprinkling our stuff on your hard-earned meat! Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Looks wonderful. Great work!
    Stillwater, MN
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I rarely buy that either and I'm not sure why. It's always good, always tender, but for some reason, I just don't often buy it. Mostly ribeye of late, with an occasional strip. Those pics may change my mind!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Very nice!
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Good Lord... that is one mighty fine plate of food...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Options
    1Yours look great. This is from a post I did several years ago.This is the only way I do filets anymore. I used to buy whole filets from Costco and cut them into steaks and freeze. Thinner ones for my wife and thicker for me. She always had some left over and since they were past medium, I didn't want to finish hers. So we had another couple over last night and I took a whole filet and cut a section that would give us each a 2" piece, knowing the ladys would only want a thin slice and us guys would get a thicker piece. Cooked at 300 on raised grid, had a CI griddle on the spider below. Pull at 110-115 and rested. Removed the grid and opened up the vent, got to 600 in a matter of minutes. Seared 90 seconds on each quarter turn (total of 6 minutes). Pulled and it was 125-130, tented and rested for 10 minutes.

I had seasoned with worcestershire sauce and my espresso-cocoa rub. After the rest, set it on a board sauce of EVOO, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Sliced two 3/4" pieces for the women and us guys each got pieces over 3" thick. The result was no left over pieces and everything was a perfect medium rare. Personally I don't care much for filets, as they don't have much flavor, so we made a gorganzola cream sauce that was great and had some left over dressing and VI's jalapeno cream corn.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    Options
    Oh my!
    XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m