Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Nashville

Options
Alright friends. I have a really good friend who is heading to Nashville. He is looking for lunch and dinner recommendations. Also what bbq would be recommended?  Thank y’all for the help as always. 
Midland, TX XLBGE

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Haven’t been to peg leg porkers but I thought Martins was average. I have enjoyed a few dinners and more than a few cocktails at Merchants right on Broadway. Nothing overly special, but solid food and service in an appealing atmosphere for me. 
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    Haven’t been to peg leg porkers but I thought Martins was average. I have enjoyed a few dinners and more than a few cocktails at Merchants right on Broadway. Nothing overly special, but solid food and service in an appealing atmosphere for me. 
    There's a Martins in Birmingham. It's average on a good day. Below average most day's.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    These two are really old.  Probably asleep by the time I posted.  May get a reply at like 2:30 am when they get up to pee.  
  • Possumtrot
    Options
    These two are really old.  Probably asleep by the time I posted.  May get a reply at like 2:30 am when they get up to pee.  
    I like you too Jason, just not very much 😂. Rick probably is asleep.

I just woke up and saw this.  Had to put my spectacles on.    Need a little more info as to likes, tastes, etc.  Also when they will be coming and where staying.  Hot chicken seems to be the thing here but @The_Stache is the resident expert on that.  As far as bbq, Rick and I do really good pork BBQ.  For brisket stay in Tejas.  Peg leg porkers is good.  

As I recall, @theyolksonyou and @northGAcock have spent some time in downtown Nashville in the not too distant past.
    Near Music City in the Boro
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited September 2019
    Options
    True enough.  

I tend not to do bbq because I’m generally disappointed.  

We we went to BB King’s for music and the drinks and decent food and a special NYE prix fixe menu at Etch.  Etch was excellent.  
  • lentsboy007
    Options
    Hot chicken is a must .  Prince’s is the original , Hattie B’s is good too 

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Kind of like Thai food- when Hattie’s says hot, believe them. 

Greensboro, NC
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    GregW said:
    There's a Martins in Birmingham. It's average on a good day. Below average most day's.
    I agree. I was being polite. 
  • Possumtrot
    Options
    The original princes was damaged by a fire from an adjacent business and is now closed. They have a second place in south Nashville still open. @The_Stache goes there some but also likes other hot chicken places as well. He’d be the best person for anything spicy. 
    ‘Try looking at Eater Nashville. Has some good recommendations. But Nashville has become so trendy that there’s new places opening (and closing) all the time. And it’s the scooters and bachelorette party capital as well. And the pedal while drinking wagons. I’m too old for it anymore. 
    Id be happy to give my opinions but there are some others on the forum who don’t post much but do go downtown more frequently than I.  My daughter could recommend some places but she left on vacation today. 
    PM me and we can talk more.
    Near Music City in the Boro
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    Kind of like Thai food- when Hattie’s says hot, believe them. 

I got level 4 (out of 5) and I wasn't right for 48 hours.  It was glorious.
    NOLA
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I was there celebrating my anniversary. I am thinking you may not want those details....but if so, happy to share. :)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    ....on a more serious note, might I strongly recommend Merchants for libations. You will not be disappointed. The other thing I did (not food and beverage oriented though, ....was visit a retail store called Two Old Hippies. If you are into nostalgia and a great retail expierence.....put it on the list to do. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lentsboy007
    Options
    The original princes was damaged by a fire from an adjacent business and is now closed. They have a second place in south Nashville still open. @The_Stache goes there some but also likes other hot chicken places as well. He’d be the best person for anything spicy. 
    ‘Try looking at Eater Nashville. Has some good recommendations. But Nashville has become so trendy that there’s new places opening (and closing) all the time. And it’s the scooters and bachelorette party capital as well. And the pedal while drinking wagons. I’m too old for it anymore. 
    Id be happy to give my opinions but there are some others on the forum who don’t post much but do go downtown more frequently than I.  My daughter could recommend some places but she left on vacation today. 
    PM me and we can talk more.
    Agree about the trendy-ness and rowdiness . Spent several evenings there last year when wife was at Vanderbilt for medical reasons . I’m 38, and the main drag was way too loud and college like for my taste.  

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??