Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza time

Options
Well, time to find creative ways to cook pulled pork. 

XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.

Comments

• marysvilleksegghead
    Options
    nice looking 'za
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • FlyOverCountry
    Options
    Why is your crust all shrivelled like its been swimming in the pool all day?
  • speed51133
    Options
    I folded the edges so they would be thicker. Then I cropped them with a fork. 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Looks like you have my peel. =) A suggestion... Cornmeal doesn't go on the stone, it'll just burn. On the peel only. The pizza dough won't stick to a hot stone, but it will to a cold peel. Here's my peel with semolina - all you need...

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    pretty nice, sir! I dare anyone to find something that's not better with pulled pork. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • speed51133
    Options
    I once (first pizza on the egg) had a pizza stick to the stone. Since then I always put the corn meal on it. So you put nothing at all on the stone?
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    Love the photo with the fire climbing out of the bowl.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I once (first pizza on the egg) had a pizza stick to the stone. Since then I always put the corn meal on it. So you put nothing at all on the stone?
    Correct. In fact, I don't use cornmeal or semolina any longer, just a dusting of flour on my wooden peel. Semolina is probably the best, but flour is always handy. I have never put anything on the stone and I have never had a pizza stick. Maybe it will if you try to move it too soon (not sure, never tried that), but if you launch it where you want it, by the time you want to rotate it or remove it, it will have released and can be rotated easily. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut