Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT. Any Skins fan attend the Hail BBQ tailgate?

Options
Just curious if any of you eggheads attend or have attended The Hail BBQ tailgates at FedEx Field. A couple of us dads are heading to FedEx field for the Pats Skins game in October with our sons and curious if that would be a good experience. Is it family friendly? How friendly to opposing team eggheads? Can anybody attend or do you need a ticket/invite?

-thanks
phatchris

Comments

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Phatchris said:
    Just curious if any of you eggheads attend or have attended The Hail BBQ tailgates at FedEx Field. A couple of us dads are heading to FedEx field for the Pats Skins game in October with our sons and curious if that would be a good experience. Is it family friendly? How friendly to opposing team eggheads? Can anybody attend or do you need a ticket/invite?

-thanks
    phatchris
    I have attended.  It is family friendly and and I considered it to be a pretty good experience.  You don't need a ticket, but you'll need to register online at their website.  Visiting fans will have to request permission to attend via email.
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Phatchris said:

-thanks
    phatchris
    I have attended.  It is family friendly and and I considered it to be a pretty good experience.  You don't need a ticket, but you'll need to register online at their website.  Visiting fans will have to request permission to attend via email.
    Cool,thanks!
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Family friendly?

Petting Zoo?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Family friendly?

Petting Zoo?
    Not looking for a petting zoo, I’d take my kids to plenty tailgates, but I wouldn’t take them to a tailgate in say Philly or Buffalo... by family friendly I basically mean safe for fans of all ages... we don’t need batteries thrown at us or to get into fights over a game... a little friendly taunting and you suck is all in fun.