Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sous Vide burgers

Options
2»

Comments

• Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Grab a Chuckie and sear the outside,  but don't cook. Just enough to kill the bacteria and then bring it inside and cut it up and grind it down and cook the burgers in less than 4 hours and you should be as safe as you can get.
    That's an interesting idea!  There'd have to be a bit of seared exterior in the middle of the burgers, dunno what that'd be like, but might just be a bit of extra seared flavor in the burger, how bad could that be?  I don't know if or when I'm going to get around to trying a medium rare burger, but I'll definitely save this idea  -- thanks!
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    fence0407 said:
    Lit said:
    Looks great!  We have sprouts around here too, but I’ve never tried their premade burgers. 

They look a little dense - is the picture deceiving?
    I think that’s from the sous Vide. They came out kinda like a meat loaf texture but weren’t dense to eat. You have to try their pre made stuff their cowboy burgers and brats are both really good. The one by me has hatch chili brats right now that are also really good. 
    I missed this post the first go around - I'll have to swing in to Sprouts. I don't go there often enough clearly! Thanks for the heads up and those burgers look great!
    @fence0407 sprouts in Cumming has their T-bones for $6.99 a lb and their prepackaged ones for $5.99 a lb. these are probably an inch and a quarter thick and look decent quality. Hard to beat their sales. I’ve seen these at $3.99 a lb a couple times. 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options

“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Wpilon
    Wpilon Posts: 42
    Options
    You could also boil a large pot of water and briefly (<1 sec) submerge your 1-2 pound chuck roast to sterilize it. Grind it and cook to any temp you like.
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Lit said:
    fence0407 said:
    Lit said:
    Looks great!  We have sprouts around here too, but I’ve never tried their premade burgers. 

They look a little dense - is the picture deceiving?
    I think that’s from the sous Vide. They came out kinda like a meat loaf texture but weren’t dense to eat. You have to try their pre made stuff their cowboy burgers and brats are both really good. The one by me has hatch chili brats right now that are also really good. 
    I missed this post the first go around - I'll have to swing in to Sprouts. I don't go there often enough clearly! Thanks for the heads up and those burgers look great!
    @fence0407 sprouts in Cumming has their T-bones for $6.99 a lb and their prepackaged ones for $5.99 a lb. these are probably an inch and a quarter thick and look decent quality. Hard to beat their sales. I’ve seen these at $3.99 a lb a couple times. 
    Appreciate the heads up @Lit
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA