Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blackstone propane connection?

Options
Im about to have a 120 gallon propane tank installed. Has anyone connected a larger tank like that to a blackstone?  If so how?  What size line did you run to the tank?  I have a gas line running to my gas grill directly across from the blackstone so it would be easy to run the line to the blackstone. Just not sure how to do the connection. It would be nice to have a tap point with a cut off that I could disconnect from in case I move the blackstone but I have no idea how to do that.  I normally clear the patio when hurricanes or tropical storms come through. 

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Im about to have a 120 gallon propane tank installed. Has anyone connected a larger tank like that to a blackstone?  If so how?  What size line did you run to the tank?  I have a gas line running to my gas grill directly across from the blackstone so it would be easy to run the line to the blackstone. Just not sure how to do the connection. It would be nice to have a tap point with a cut off that I could disconnect from in case I move the blackstone but I have no idea how to do that.  I normally clear the patio when hurricanes or tropical storms come through. 
    Whoever is installing the tank should be able to do something for you.  Maybe even under the table.  It's hard to make a recommendation with some pics or more info.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • BGEChicago
    BGEChicago Posts: 574
    Options
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    Options
    Don’t mean to hijack but I wanted to join this discussion because I’m trying to do the same thing. I have a 500 gallon tank that runs to my house where there’s obviously already a regulator. Then I have a quick connect line outside on my back porch. I’d like to connect a Blackstone 28 to that line. Here’s the regulator at the house and the line I’d like to connect to. Would I just remove the line with regulator that goes from the Blackstone to the 20lb cylinder and go straight from the quick connect line to the Blackstone without another regulator? Or would I still need that regulator that would normally go into the propane tank. 

Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    You can double check but that regulator should be ready to go for direct hook up, just get a yellow gas flex hose 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    Options
    Kinda what I was thinking but not totally sure. 
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone