Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WingFest as Requested by the Princess

The Princess ships off to college in a week and requested a WingFest for Sunday night dinner with her BF and some friends. 

Not knowing how many we were serving, the Prince and I prepped 13 lbs of wings our usual way — 3.5:1 rub:cornstarch and into the fridge for 36 hours.  The Prince did the sauces — classic Buffalo and honey sriracha. Also served some rubbed and naked, just cuz.

13 lbs is a lot of prep and a lot of wings. It was well worth the effort and I hope will remind her of home on those late nights studying. 

Transitions are tough for everyone. Food helps. 

Vanilla got the the pic order screwed up, but you’ll get the idea, starting with the tasty beverage the adults had (and the kids no doubt snuck). 

It's a 302 thing . . .

Comments

• LetsEat
    LetsEat Posts: 456
    Great looking wings.  What a great college send off. Our college kids began planning their holiday meal requests before they even left!
    IL 
  • A real feast right there. Love me some wings. Sweet lunch bowl. I like the Flume t-shirt. He’s got some good tunes, if you’re into the newer-type stuff. I like “Left Alone” with Chet Faker (A.K.A. Nick Murphy). “Holdin’ On” has also got a great groove. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Nice job and that's a whole lotta wings.  I have a couple years to go, but I'll be a mess when my kids fly the coop.  Hope you're doing ok w it.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • That cook should make a lasting impression of "home cooking'!
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • BGEChicago
    BGEChicago Posts: 574
    Really nice looking wings. I like the watermelon idea, might have to steal that one. 
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Wow, @HendersonTRKing!  Looks great!  I’m in a similar place - my princess returns to school very soon.  She and the queen are on a short trip to Florida- princess is decompressing after a fairly intense summer internship (actually, I think the commute was the harder part to deal with).  Enjoy your time together!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Thx for looking and for the kind comments.  In a surprise (to me), the Honey Sriracha beat out the Buffalo -- these youngins today just don't appreciate the classics.  It was pretty awesome all around -- lots of laughs and messy-winged up faces.  The watermelon was a HUGE hit, can't believe we didn't try this sooner.  The Prince sliced off one round end to make it sit steady, opened the other end and pulled out some fruit, used a hand mixer to liquify the inside, and strained it 2x to make it drinkable, and poured it back so people could ladle it out and customize their own tasty adult beverages.  It's times like these I hope the kids remember as they launch themselves into the wild world.  (And maybe they'll come back for more!)
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Can't ever go wrong with wings and those look like some tasty wings. Great job creating some wonderful memories for your Princess before shipping her off for a grand adventure.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Fantastic! Something she'll always remember. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    That loaded up Egg and the plated feast is a thing of pure beauty.  Very nice work.

starting with the tasty beverage the adults had (and the kids no doubt snuck). 

I lol'd at that one.  Feisty kids.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com