Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cast iron grate : pswoo

Options
Anybody use a cast iron grate with pswoo? Didn’t know if Weight was too much for it. 

Also, who has upgraded to the cast iron? I use grill grates mostly but thinking about adding cast iron because grill grates tends to limit space.
Edwardsville, IL (Near St. Louis, MO)
Large Big Green Egg & Weber Genesis II 

Comments

• unoriginalusername
    Options
    I don’t think there is a weight issue. I’ve loaded up my woo and extender and never had any issues. 

CGS discontinued the CI Woo right around the time I bought mine, the only difference was the handle design allowed the grid to fit on. 

I for a while hacksawed out a notch, now thanks just use the alloy grids, CI half moon or pans vs dealing with the poor fitment 

if this is really important to you , bge sells the eggspander with purpose built Ci grids that avoid all these issues 

Shawnodell83 said:
    Anybody use a cast iron grate with pswoo? Didn’t know if Weight was too much for it. 

Also, who has upgraded to the cast iron? I use grill grates mostly but thinking about adding cast iron because grill grates tends to limit space.