Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chef Norah made wings

Options
ryantt
ryantt Posts: 2,532
edited August 2019 in EggHead Forum

We cooked chicken wings tonight with a mix of Dizzy Pig Ghost Pepper and Peruvian-ish.  We also mixed in some of our house made Pig Dist. The wings were cooked indirect at 300-325°. They came out perfectly cooked, with crispy spicy skin and super juicy.  As always our cook was powered by Rockwood charcoal and had just a kiss of smoke provided by Smoker Bricx. Check out the video of our cook https://youtu.be/ERtORu68LXE

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

Comments

• ryantt
    Options

• SmokeyLopey
    SmokeyLopey Posts: 435
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Looks great! I have DP Ghost Pepper, but haven't tried it, yet. Any idea of the ratio of Ghost to the other rubs? We love Peruvian-ish, btw!
  • ryantt
    Options
    @SmokeyLopey we did everything in thirds.  Normally we will take Peruvian 2/3 to 1/3 ghost.   It’s just enough kick. 

• WildmanWilson
    Options
    Looks like she knows her stuff. Looks great.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    This is beautiful!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• ryantt
    Options
    @Carolina Q thank you.  

• CigarCityEgger
    Options
    Great looking wings!
  • ryantt
    Options
    @WildmanWilson she has been at the bbq pit since she was 3yrs old....just hanging out with dad.  Overtime she started wanting to do more and more, so I let her.  By age 8 she had her own Kamado cooker and started wanting to compete by 8 and 1/2 or 9.  

These days she cooks more often than I do and honestly has done very well at EggFest people’s choice awards and backyard bbq events.  I love watching her walk the stage to collect her prize money or trophy or what ever it is she’s won.  

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Ryan - how's your back doing man?
  • ryantt
    Options
    @Spaightlabs it’s coming along slowly...I’m thinking I’ll be able to start driving in the next month or so, so I should be able to get back to work!!! Their is some nerve damage surprise surprise, but it’s not the end of the world. The best way to describe how my legs feel from my feet to my butt, it is like when your legs fall asleep and you get up and try to walk....they burning sting pins and needles kind of pain.  

Thanks for asking, the good news is I’ve been given the ok to lift up to 2 gallons of milk so 16lbs.  Starting to feel real manly!!! 

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    ryantt said:
    Starting to feel real manly!!! 
    LOL, good to see you haven't lost your sense of humor! 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Those wings look super delicious!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• ryantt
    Options
    @Carolina Q if I had lost it, this would have been unbearable.  My wife and daughter have helped to keep me in good spirits, with dumb shirts like this one