Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken, potatoes and carrots on this Sunday

Options
BBBQ
BBBQ Posts: 39
Just a spatchcocked chicken raised direct (ps woo plus extender) salted with Dizzy Pig Peruvianish in the fridge for 6 hrs then 375-400 for about 1 hr 20 with some carrots and potatoes on the gasser. Couple chunks of apple. And a few beers for the chef. How we Sunday. 

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Great minds think alike. I did the same thing yesterday. 
    I think your veggies may look better. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • BBBQ
    BBBQ Posts: 39
    Options
    I was just thinking I should have been smarter and put it all together! Looks great. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Nice cook. I must say both of those offerings pass muster
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    BBBQ said:
    I was just thinking I should have been smarter and put it all together! Looks great. 
    Do it both ways - they yield slightly different flavors. I do it both ways. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon