Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Cook Setup HIGH IN THE DOME!

Options
So I finally got around to getting a high in the dome set up. The color on the spatchcock chickens was amazing. I'm in love with this setup and will be doing an overnight pork butt for my team at work on Tuesday for lunch in the office on Wednesday.
XL & Mini & knock off medium. Western North Carolina. Formerly Franklin, TN. Formerly in Palm Harbor, FL. 

Comments

• unoriginalusername
    Options
    Welcome to the high egger club  :o 

once I got a CGS Woo and extended rack I’ve never looked back 
  • 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    Options
    Perfection.
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    That's a good looking bird.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,434
    Options
    It is funny.  When you start cooking on a CGS rig or a home made rig that is elevated, and later you see an egg set at, or set yours back to stock height, it looks unnatural.  Like seeing someone that always wears glasses walking around without them.  

Why would you cook that low? 😀
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,655
    Options
    Good looking bird.  The CGS products are a luxury that I am glad I have - absolutely love the PS woo/extender on my large and the woo/stone on my small.  That said, I used fire bricks for many years to raise my grid.  Even used them laying flat for indirect prior to getting a platesetter.  Very useful tools for sure and it works great (just not as elegantly as the CGS products)   
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet