Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The mothership

I am going to visit the mothership in September and was looking to buy another egg while visiting. I was curious if it’s any cheaper to buy an egg directly from the mothership or will it most likely be about the same price as my local dealer? Anything information is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! 

Comments

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Msz5068 said:
    I am going to visit the mothership in September and was looking to buy another egg while visiting. I was curious if it’s any cheaper to buy an egg directly from the mothership or will it most likely be about the same price as my local dealer? Anything information is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! 
    I would imagine the pricing is very similar, considering they set MSRP.  If you live local-ish to ATL, consider waiting a month and buying a demo egg at Eggtoberfest.  You can save a couple hundred there.
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 900
    johnnyp said:
    consider waiting a month and buying a demo egg at Eggtoberfest.  You can save a couple hundred there.
    I think buying one at an Eggfest is always the best approach.

A friend once had a surprisingly good deal while visiting an Eggfest. He got motivated and suddenly decided to buy a Small. The dealer sponsoring the fest didn't have one there, but offered to order one for him and give him Eggfest pricing on it. 
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • SmokeyLopey
    SmokeyLopey Posts: 435
    From what I saw in store with EGGcessories, the price likely won't be any better. Additionally, buying local supports the local economy and the people who will be handling warranty claims, etc. 
  • builderdawg
    builderdawg Posts: 105
    Msz5068 said:
    BGE mothership store is not going to undercut their dealers.  Unless your local dealer has an unusually high mark-up the pricing at the mothership will be the same, or likely worse than you can probaly find locally.  
  • Thapco
    Thapco Posts: 44
    The savings might be in freight.  They have to ship to dealers and you might save that if pick up.  Freight is not cheap.
  • decoga
    decoga Posts: 1
    edited July 2019
    i bought both my eggs at the mothership in the last two years and everything was 15% off the sticker price. i also got 3 items thrown in for 'free' with each purchase during negotiations. my minimax was $598 and the conveggtor, cover, and pizza stone were thrown in at no cost. i bought a few other things (which have since been returned), but here is the receipt total:

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Take a look at pricing at an egg fest. Always cheaper there.
    https://biggreenegg.com/eggfests/

Or at BGE's EggtoberFest... Sat Oct 12... https://biggreenegg.com/eggtoberfest-tickets/#demo

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Msz5068
    Msz5068 Posts: 3
    Thanks for all the input! I appreciate it! 
  • Woody
    Woody Posts: 125
    I am looking at a MiniMax to add to my large.  Does anyone ever see these offered at Eggfests?
    Woody in Northville, MI
    Large BGE with AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware Cap, Wok, Grill Grates and Kettle Q
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited July 2019
    Look up Bruce while you are at HQ. Nice guy.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Woody said:
    I am looking at a MiniMax to add to my large.  Does anyone ever see these offered at Eggfests?
    Yes
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • kjs
    kjs Posts: 111
    I bought my MM at the mothership in 2016. I essentially got a bundle for $150 less than my local dealer would have sold just the egg.