Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Healthified Chicken Enchiladas

BattlebornBattleborn Posts: 1,067
The wife sent me a recipe to try today. Zucchini Chicken Enchiladas. Basically chicken enchiladas minus the tortillas.
started with some seasoned chicken breasts and a pasilla pepper on the EGG.

cut up an onion and said pepper and sauteed them until the onion was soft.
mixed up the cut up chicken and veggies with some enchilada sauce and cheese. Next I attempted to roll the mixture up with a few zucchini strands. That didn't work out as planned, so I just layered everything.

Served with a grilled avocado. Will definitely make it again. Thanks for looking. 
Las Vegas, NV
LG BGE, off-set smoker & various Weber's 

Comments

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 19,482
    Gorgeous!  I often avoid the tortillas.  
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 4,966
    Good looking dish.. Love the avo idea.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • mlc2013mlc2013 Posts: 955
    Love the avo idea as well
    Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,892
    Real nice....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • BattlebornBattleborn Posts: 1,067
    Thanks all. I brushed the avo's with some EVOO and sprinkled some S&P on them. I put then on a hot grill (400-450) for 45 second. It was the first time I had done them. They could probably stay on for a bit longer, but they were delicious. 
    Las Vegas, NV
    LG BGE, off-set smoker & various Weber's