Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pricing a used BGE (for the purposes of selling)

Options
mkc
mkc Posts: 544
We are considering selling our large BGE and wondering if there are any good resources to consider for pricing it and the Eggcessories.  Have not seen them crop up on the local CL, although there is a dealer in our area.

Thanks,

Michelle
Egging in Crossville, TN

Comments

• Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    Check Facebook Marketplace. Here in New Orleans they always seem to be worth more than I think, based on the few actual selling prices I am aware of. I think the general public doesn't discount for the lack of a warranty the same way members of this forum might. 
    New Orleans LA
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Options
    I don't think online market prices are accurate unless they're actually selling.  If you see a large listed for $500, and it keeps getting reposted, then it's obviously not worth $500.  :)
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,650
    Options
    I never knew they had a lifetime warranty until I had one.  I almost bought one at a auction completely oblivious 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    On this forum (where you have knowledgeable participants) the prevailing  top end for a used BGE is no more than 50% of retail due to the loss of warranty.  You will do better price-wise on the various market places. 
    Accessories are stand-alone items.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited July 2019
    Options
    mkc said:
    We are considering selling our large BGE and wondering if there are any good resources to consider for pricing it and the Eggcessories.  Have not seen them crop up on the local CL, although there is a dealer in our area.

Thanks,

Michelle
    In the central NC area a well kept 500.00 LBGE on CL will be sold in two days tops.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    I recently sold a large in excellent condition with a table for $700.
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I sold two larges a year ago for $600 each.  I picked up three more for $300 or less each.  Make sure you are on the right side of the deal each time.  :)
  • mkc
    Options
    Thanks gang!  I've only seen one or two show up on the local CL in the last year, and neither was a large.  Haven't spent much time at all on FB Marketplace so I will check there as well.

We've enjoyed the BGE for many years but DH wants to go in the pellet (Rec Tec) direction.

Michelle
    Egging in Crossville, TN
  • mkc
    Options
    Listed on FB Marketplace and Craigslist today...
    Egging in Crossville, TN