Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT For Old School SEC and Southern Football Fans - Pics

Several weeks ago my wife told me that I needed to take Saturday June 22nd off to attend a wedding. I promptly told her that I ‘couldn’t ‘ get that day off and that she would have to attend alone. I thought I was off the hook but at the last minute I was told that we had a room at the lodge provided and that I needed to ride up after work for the after party. Ugh. However, this party was being held at former Auburn head football coach Pat Dye’s property. 

I was starting to get a little intrigued. And wondered if he would be in attendance. 

So I made plans to head up after work. And everything was going just fine. Low mail volume. I would likely get up there well before dark.  Except my 30+ yr old mail truck decided not to cooperate. I broke down after my 2nd loop of the day and waited 1:45 hrs for another truck. 

On the way way home to get ready my wife started texting that Coach Dye was indeed at the wedding and was on the dance floor! 

My house is an hour away. I couldn’t help but guess that he would be leaving at roughly the time that I would be getting there. And to add insult to injury the weather had now turned violent where I live. Travel had turned treacherous and I probably averaged 40 mph at best. 

I finally arrived and entered a narrow parking lot. As I was looking for a place to park another vehicle was leaving and slowly passed me by. I glanced over to see Coach Pat Dye leaving the premises...

Just my luck. 

So I made the most of it and enjoyed some fine food and slipped off by myself and toured the lodge and facilities. Lots of pics on the wall that brought up a ton of memories from the 80’s and 90’s in the world of college football in this state. 

This post won’t mean much to most but to me it was pretty special. I took a few pics of the pics since I just missed out on getting one with the real thing. Was told that he took pics with all that wanted one...

Wetumpka, Alabama
LBGE and MM

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,646
    That’s awesome man! 

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Had to be a great walk down memory lane.....and you got out of the wedding too. Double score. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Very cool, but sorry you missed out on the real thing. Cool story none the less! 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Love it!  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA