Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Tri Tip

Options
After driving to a few different stores to find something to cook on a day off I ran into a tri tip. 
Nothing fancy, evoo with salt and pepper, and a little paprika. Let it sit a couple hours then on the egg. 275 till IT was 115 then six minutes a side at 600. Would do 225 next time and let it come up a little slower but it wasn’t too bad. A tasty little cut of beef.
Side note- the doneness is a reflection of who else was dinning with me.
XL BGE, Vermont Castings gasser

Texan that lives in Winston Salem, NC

God, Family, Texas Football         We Don’t Rent Pigs

Comments

• EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415
    Options
    If it tastes as good as it looks, had to be awesome...
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Love your signature, "We Don't Rent Pigs".  Recently finished Lonesome Dove.  Figured it was a must read for someone who moved to TX 6 years ago (My native TX wife decided it was time to come home).

Haven't made a tri-tip since I moved here, I rarely see them in the stores around here...
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    You could not have run into a better piece of cow. Looks Gawjus.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow