Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flame Boss Apple Watch App

dstearn
dstearn Posts: 1,702
While using the FB300 today I discovered that there is an app that works with it on the Apple
Watch. You can set the target pit temp and view the current temp as well.

Comments

• Nice. Didn’t know there was an Apple Watch ap. Just got my flameboss 500 last week. 
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 927
    edited May 2019
    Thanks for the tip! I've used the app on my phone, but it should be even handier on the watch.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • Joe_BGE
    Joe_BGE Posts: 6
    Gonna have to get me one. Is the flame boss easy to setup?
  • Thanks. Had no idea. I currently use “Alexa” to tell me what the grill/meat is doing so I don’t have to run downstairs to check it. 
    Atlanta, GA 

LBGE, Mini-Max, Mini, 1995 BGE Chiminea, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E-310. 
  • I might try this if I get my Egg not-so-Genius back from Flame Boss and it works this time. I had three cooks with troubles on brisket with the thing. It won't stay online. Worse, it tries to connect, then offers local only, then drops that, then won't do anything. After trying to get 20 lbs of brisket to come out good and having it over cook with too high temps, I called them again and said, "want to fix it, or replace it, or give me my money back?" We'll see.
    Not a happy smoker right now.
  • newby84
    newby84 Posts: 133
    I might try this if I get my Egg not-so-Genius back from Flame Boss and it works this time. I had three cooks with troubles on brisket with the thing. It won't stay online. Worse, it tries to connect, then offers local only, then drops that, then won't do anything. After trying to get 20 lbs of brisket to come out good and having it over cook with too high temps, I called them again and said, "want to fix it, or replace it, or give me my money back?" We'll see.
    That’s exactly what my egg genius does, I’ve started to think that’s the norm. 
  • Joe_BGE
    Joe_BGE Posts: 6
    Thanks. Had no idea. I currently use “Alexa” to tell me what the grill/meat is doing so I don’t have to run downstairs to check it. 
    How did you set this up?
  • Joe_BGE said:
    Thanks. Had no idea. I currently use “Alexa” to tell me what the grill/meat is doing so I don’t have to run downstairs to check it. 
    How did you set this up?
    Enable FlameBoss on Alexa through the Alexa app. 

I have FlameBoss enabled on my iPad, iPhone, text alerts, Alexa, and now my wife’s iwatch. Unless the WiFi goes out we’re covered lol. No more overcooking. 
    Atlanta, GA 

LBGE, Mini-Max, Mini, 1995 BGE Chiminea, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E-310. 
  • I might try this if I get my Egg not-so-Genius back from Flame Boss and it works this time. I had three cooks with troubles on brisket with the thing. It won't stay online. Worse, it tries to connect, then offers local only, then drops that, then won't do anything. After trying to get 20 lbs of brisket to come out good and having it over cook with too high temps, I called them again and said, "want to fix it, or replace it, or give me my money back?" We'll see.
    Hi Steve, I apologize for the problem you are having with your Egg Genius. We promise to get it fixed and returned quickly after we receive it. According to FedEx tracking information, you have not used the prepaid label that we sent for returning it to us. Please let us know if you have questions about using the prepaid label.
  • newby84 said:
    I might try this if I get my Egg not-so-Genius back from Flame Boss and it works this time. I had three cooks with troubles on brisket with the thing. It won't stay online. Worse, it tries to connect, then offers local only, then drops that, then won't do anything. After trying to get 20 lbs of brisket to come out good and having it over cook with too high temps, I called them again and said, "want to fix it, or replace it, or give me my money back?" We'll see.
    That’s exactly what my egg genius does, I’ve started to think that’s the norm. 
    Hi Newby, I apologize that you have experienced this problem. It is a known issue and we have released a firmware update to fix it. Because the update process is causing the behavior that you are experiencing, the best way to get it fixed is to bring your controller (the green box with the blower assembly) inside, close to your WiFi router, unplug all the temperature probes and let sit for one hour. If you need help, call 800-978-9078.

• Joe_BGE said:
    How did you set this up?
    You can also just tell Alexa to enable Flame Boss.
  • webeinky
    webeinky Posts: 10
    Does anyone know if it works with Samsung smart watches also?