Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help with brisket

Options
Hopefully I can explain this where it makes sense. I went today to buy a brisket and all I could find were 4lb flats. I bought two of them. My question is since I have (2) 4lb flats, is my cook time for 8lbs? Or since they are separate are they going to cook for the time of one 4lb flat? I have never had to cook two at once before on my egg so I’m just needing some advice. Thanks in advance 

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Cook to the 4lbs. There's no such thing as the same brisket. The cow drives the cook. One brisket might take one hour longer where the other one took one hour shorter. Even if they weigh the same. Ask away if you have any other questions. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • jrob1289
    jrob1289 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it