Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forget round pizza's

Options
using Trader Joe's dough that would shrink back from where I was stretching it, 1st time ever I busted out
the rolling pin, so no way I was going to get a round pie.  :|
Pretty good flavor in the crust for a quickie
Lrg 2008
Mini 2009

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    Options
    Just leave the dough out on the counter a little longer next time and it should open up.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    Getcher self a French rolling pin,

...and you can beat even a hexatrellogram of dough into a perfect circle.  
    Although, perfectly round pizzas are for white people in mall food courts.   =)

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Pie looks great!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    When you get it home, shape it into nice round dough balls and place each into a tupperware container or some such. Refrigerate if it's gonna be a while. I use these, one per dough ball...

Take it out of the fridge at least two hours before opening the dough ball. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    Key is to let it relax at room temp, even for another 15-20 minutes. You’ll get rid of the “spring”
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,647
    Options
    Or cut a circle out of the dough with a pizza roller! looks awesome either way
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    It might not be round but there’s nothing wrong with that pie. You totally Nail’d that one.  
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Round tastes no better than trapezoidal or triangular. This was one of my best tasting pies. Don't remember why it turned out this shape. Don't care.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• marysvilleksegghead
    Options
    Round tastes no better than trapezoidal or triangular. This was one of my best tasting pies. Don't remember why it turned out this shape. Don't care.

There are no style points for shapes of pizza & I'm glad!
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009