Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Traegar sale at Costco

Options
The Traegar reps were at Costco today. I’ve been wanting one so I bit the bullet and got the Traegar jr for $349 (normally $429). We’ll see how it performs tonight 
Large and a MM

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Enjoy the addition to your arsenal.  Above all, have fun. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    How did it go?
    canuckland
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    I'm a fan of pellet fired cookers. The Traeger brand was one of the first on the market. I haven't tried the Traeger brand pellets, but word on the various forums is they are not as good as other brands, the main complaint is lack of flavor. The lack of flavor is the result of a high percentage of filler woods.

If you want to try a higher end pellet, I recommend these:

They offer a number of varieties that are 100%  non blended woods.
    I really like the 100% hickory.
    Pricing is not bad if you can buy a full Ton weight of them. (There are some stores that carry them) A lot of people participate in group buys that get the best price and split up the order.

I usually burn the pellets that Walmart sells or Academy. They are both good.
    They are a blended pellet but I think they have a higher percentage of the species wood printed on the label.