Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Strip Steak on the Small

smbishop
smbishop Posts: 3,053
Asked my daughter what she wanted for dinner, she said "steak"

Strip Steak, salted, rest on the counter while the Egg came to temp.  Reverse seared, indirect at 275.  Flipped every 5 minutes until about 125 internal.  Removed and added Dizzy Pig Raising the Steaks, removed the stone and heated to 500.  Seared each side 1 minute and rested with EVOO and parsley.  Served with corn, cuz that is what she wanted and some Vidalia onion...

Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    That is a fantastic looking steak...
    Enyoy!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    smbishop said:
    Asked my daughter what she wanted for dinner, she said "steak"

Strip Steak, salted, rest on the counter while the Egg came to temp.  Reverse seared, indirect at 275.  Flipped every 5 minutes until about 125 internal.  Removed and added Dizzy Pig Raising the Steaks, removed the stone and heated to 500.  Seared each side 1 minute and rested with EVOO and parsley.  Served with corn, cuz that is what she wanted and some Vidalia onion...

WOWSER - I mean DOUBLE WOWSER!!! You knocked that one out of the ballpark!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • smbishop
    Thank you @RRP !!

Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • BGEChicago
    BGEChicago Posts: 574
    Your daughter is a smart girl and you are a master of your Egg! I'm cooking the same tonight, I hope mine is half as good as yours!
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • smbishop
    Your daughter is a smart girl and you are a master of your Egg! I'm cooking the same tonight, I hope mine is half as good as yours!
    I am sure it will be!!
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Perfect!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Now that is a great evening capped with a great outcome. Way to nail the steak and entire banquet.  Definite score with that plate.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741
    That looks marvelous!
    Stillwater, MN