Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bye Bye

g37
g37 Posts: 450
Well it’s official I bought a Komodo Kamado.  Just waiting on shipping updates.  I also sold my egg and it’s accessories.   Hopefully I’m still welcomed here. I joined the Komodo Kamado forum but there’s not as much activity as the BGE forum. 
Ewa Beach, Hawaii

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Are we even allowed to talk to you anymore with you owning a Kamado Kamado? Dang!

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Congrats and always welcome here.  Life must be better than great in Paradise.  Dang- living in HI and now a KK.   I wouldn't even speculate on the shipping costs alone.  Enjoy as I know you will. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • g37
    Funny u mention shipping. This is how I ended up getting a KK. I was initially gonna get a KJ 3. All the shipping quotes for the KJ3 were in excess of $700.  Shipping on the KK was only $466. Yes the grill cost a lot more but not by much. So i figured why not take the KK plunge. 
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
  • newEGGlandah
    newEGGlandah Posts: 20
    edited May 2019
    What is full retail on this thing
    Large&Mini BGEs:  HeaterMeter w/Roto Damper, Thermapen, ET-733, CI Woo&Spider
  • Congrats. Pics upon receipt please!
  • g37
    I got 21 total cost was about 4grand.  
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Congrats on the pretty cooker. There are others here using that cooker and all of course are welcome. Not that many others. I look forward to your cooks and a glimpse of your bejeweled Kamado. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • g37
    I love Kamado cooking I’m glad I discovered the egg and this forum. 
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    bgebrent said:
    Congrats on the pretty cooker. There are others here using that cooker and all of course are welcome. Not that many others. I look forward to your cooks and a glimpse of your bejeweled Kamado. 
    Or is that "bedazzled"?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    Congrats, and you're still welcome here and can post cooks.  
    You must, however, sew this little cloth letter onto all your shirts.  :tongue:

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    edited May 2019
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • HighHeat
    HighHeat Posts: 218
    GTFO
    Memphis, TN
  • Markarm4119
    Markarm4119 Posts: 526
    I look forward to seeing your new KK, those things are impressive !
    I am green with envy (yes pun intended) !
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    What cook what color did you get?  I love the look of the bronzed tile or the black pebble   
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• g37
    I got a 21 metallic bronze. 
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 900
    A most impressive tool. May it feed you well.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,716
    I'm jealous!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    i don't understand, you sold an Egg to buy something that does what the Egg does?  Was it a larger one?  looking forward to your cooks.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • g37
    @EggNorth the Komodo Kamado is suppose to last a lifetime. No more worries about cracks, the dome being misaligned, gasket being fried.  Yes, the egg comes with a great warranty but I’ve had so many **** dealings with egg dealers especially where i live. I wanted to give the Komodo Kamado a try.  Like I said earlier I love Kamado cooking and the egg has fueled that passion just wanna try something new.   
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    EggNorth said:
    i don't understand, you sold an Egg to buy something that does what the Egg does?  Was it a larger one?  looking forward to your cooks.
     That's not the part that got me... @g37 you sold your egg BEFORE the KK landed?? Have you gone mad, sir?? How will you survive until then??

Just kidding 😁 Would love to see your new toy when you get it. Cooking is fun no matter  what you cook on/with.

And what makes this forum great is that it's about more than just cooking on a BGE. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • g37
    I sold my egg to a good friend. He won’t take delivery until my new grill arrives.  
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @g37 Early riser on Sunday for sure.  About when do you take delivery of the KK? 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Raichlen likes the KK.  Start watermarking your cooks now.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • g37
    I’m hoping I get shipping updates soon. I’m guessing and hoping it gets put on a boat this week. 
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii