Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Zaxbys Hot chicken sandwich

northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
edited May 2019 in Off Topic
Stopped by Zaxbys last night to pick up a couple of zalads. Said what the he!! and ordered one of there new Zaxvilles chicken sandwiches. Whipped that rascal out and took a bit on the way home. Now I can generally take on hot stuff with little issues. The sauce on that bad boy lit me up. Of course as I was headed home, I didn't invest in a drink. My mouth burned the entire way home. I did go in for a couple more bites.....but no way i was giving the rest of it to my pup dog. Notice the guy in this you-tube below hits the drink right regularly as he states its not too hot. 

Anyone try them yourselves?

https://youtu.be/y3GT-pbhpaI

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Stopped by Zaxbys last night to pick up a couple of zalads. Said what the he!! and ordered one of there new Zaxvilles chicken sandwiches. Whipped that rascal out and took a bit on the way home. Now I can generally take on hot stuff with little issues. The sauce on that bad boy lit me up. Of course as I was headed home, I didn't invest in a drink. My mouth burned the entire way home. I did go in for a couple more bites.....but no way i was giving the rest of it to my pup dog. Notice the guy in this you-tube below hits the drink right regularly as he states its not too hot. 

Kit got food poisoning from a Zaxby's salad years ago she was in bed for 3 days, have not and will not go back.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • northGAcock
    Jim, you really know how to pooh pooh on a thread. Actually had a similar experience at a steakhouse chain a while back. I have the same approach.

• Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 679
    I got that once. I thought at the time that they must have mixed the sauce up with the honey sauce. It wasn't hot at all. I wasn't going to try it again, but after this I will. It'll confirm whether they messed up on the sauce or if you're just wimpy. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    MMMMmmmm Zaxby's.  My wife and I love it.  One of the many things we miss about living in the south.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• northGAcock
    Elijah said:
    I got that once. I thought at the time that they must have mixed the sauce up with the honey sauce. It wasn't hot at all. I wasn't going to try it again, but after this I will. It'll confirm whether they messed up on the sauce or if you're just wimpy. 
    The heat is in the sauce. Not much heat in the breaded chicken filet itself. I could be a wimp. Try it with no beverage though.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Exciting thread Robin. Any pictures? #spicewimp B)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • HogFather
    HogFather Posts: 259
    Pu$$y
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • northGAcock
    bgebrent said:
    I did post a link to a tasting / eval in the original post. Did you bother to watch? It was highly riveting stuff on there Brent. #youbedawemp

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    bgebrent said:
    This thread could use some bespoke olive oil. 
  • northGAcock
    edited May 2019
    bgebrent said:
    You need to get out and taste test one so you can discuss this complex question Michael. It deserves a thumbs up or down from some of the south’s tuffest criticks. 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    JRWhitee said:

Kit got food poisoning from a Zaxby's salad years ago she was in bed for 3 days, have not and will not go back.
    I keep telling caliqueen that no salad is worth risking my life for. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    bgebrent said:
    Not a Zaxbys lover. Not like olive oil. I hear the Filipino Berio is the stuff.  =)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    Zaxbys is good here, the insane sauce will light you up. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    A Zaxby's opened up here about 3 years ago; there were folks camped out on the lawn overnight, waiting in line for when it first opened (wish I'd been there to watch when the sprinkler system first came on...)
    I've eaten there a couple times, it's okay but nothin to write home about; didn't notice that it was exceptionally hot.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure