Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Two Tiers on the small

Options
I thought I’ve seen this before but could be wrong.   I would like something like the expander from CGS for my small Woo.  Any suggestions @tjv

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Call him Matt 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I wanted the same, but CGS didn’t make a small expander when I inquired.  Perhaps they can custom make something.  I ended up getting the Smokeware grate stacker.  Since I was going to use it with the woo, I purchased the one made for the MiniMax, since it raises the second grate 3 inches instead of four.  Room in the dome can get tight, so I usually pull out the thermo.  It has worked well for me.

This pic is direct with woo and grate stacker.

I use this setup indirect mostly, with a CGS Stone - but I couldn’t find a pic of that setup. 

All that said, I would purchase an expander/d-grate for my SBGE in a heartbeat, if CGS made it. 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,343
    Options
    @Mattman3969 Here is the Macgyver set-up I have been using since getting the SBGE  years ago:
    I use 3 two inch copper fittings and a 10.5" Weber charcoal grid with the CGS woo and stone.  Works well but a bit of a dexterity challenge to get to anything needing attention at the back of the lower level.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Call him Matt 
    I think he likes to be called Tom.
    NOLA
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    bgebrent said:
    Call him Matt 
    I think he likes to be called Tom.
    Image result for commas eat grandma

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.