Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: taylor offshore oil spill in Louisiana

Options
NDG
NDG Posts: 2,431
edited April 2019 in Off Topic

Read this on reddit (can I link it here?), under OP that said "What’s the scariest thing going on in our world right now that not enough people know/ talk about?" . . . I had never heard of it, so curious to hear some thoughts from you all here??? Copy / Paste below . .

There’s also the Taylor offshore oil spill in Louisiana that’s been putting hundreds of barrels of crude every day into the ocean since 2004. They still don’t know how to fix it. Let that sink in, an active oil spill that’s been going on for 15 years and no one knows about it, the people that do don’t know how to fix it. The volume will soon overtake Deepwater Horizon as the largest spill ever, except without public knowledge and outcry we can probably expect this to not get fixed anytime soon.

Edit: originally I had said hundreds of gallons of crude were leaking per day, current estimates are actually hundreds of barrels per day.

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 

Comments