Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First BGE Experience

Options

Easter weekend & my 7yr old grandson Bill prepped, & cooked a couple of burgers on the Mini while I did the rest on a Large. It ain’t much, but it is a proud moment in my BGE experience. Thanks for looking.

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

Comments

• Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options

Looks like fun! Nice looking boy. Some of the most wonderful years in my life were when one of my stepdaughters and son-in-law needed my wife and me to do "day care" for their youngest while they worked and his older brothers went to school. He was this just supernaturally adorable little boy, and it was great. Closest I've ever been to anything remotely like a dad. He's now a HUGE, hulking graduating high school senior, towering over his old grandparents, a Varsity wrestler, and he bleached his hair blonde for the State wrestling championship because everyone on his team did, some sort of wrestling tradition.

I'm an old guy, so the hair colors kids wear these days make me feel a bit like my parents' generation felt when looking at the long hair of kids my generation, back in the '60s. But it looks like fun! There are a few kids in my church with wild colors in their hair. One of them is electric purple, and I actually like it! Reminds me of the '60s... :)

Have a BALL with your grandson! You both are lucky!

• gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    Options

@Theophan Thanks man. The hair thing is a great journey. Naturally brown but it has been blue, green, purple & now pink. Raised by a Navy Dad I never had much of it nor a relationship with him until my 40’s. I broke that chain of **** when my son Max was born and he is doing an amazing job as a single Dad with Bill, who has to go back to natural brown or cannot jump into Grandma’s pool. Here is an anthem I grew up with and wore as a badge. https://youtu.be/AVsbqVJLFow

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options

Happy Easter brother.

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    edited April 2019
    Options

Thanks for the post - great cook and bonding time. I am fine with the hair, but am confused by your eggs. I see one with a daisy wheel.. but then along comes an egg with a smokeware cap where the dome doesn’t appear to match the base????

Still - thanks for posting.

Edit - ok, I looked again and think I see what is going on. You have one of those perforated pizza pans that is bigger than the mini’s grid. Makes for an optical illusion.

Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    Options

@bgebrent Rockin’ man & Happy Easter to you as well. @mEGG_My_Day same Mini, lit with the daisy wheel then it started pouring rain. Opted out for the large smokeware cap as the large was under a beach umbrella. Use the perforated pan to keep the burgers together while I use an inverted CI grill in the large. Thanks for commenting.