Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT : NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

Options

Comments

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,254
    Options
    Na na na na, na na na na, hey, hey, GOODBYE!!!
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • newEGGlandah
    Options
    I’m going to need a new coat of silver on this bad boy.  Created in the 2011 run after many beers.  LFG!!!
    Large&Mini BGEs:  HeaterMeter w/Roto Damper, Thermapen, ET-733, CI Woo&Spider
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 393
    Options
    I am cheering for anyone but Boston!
    Rask is playing his best hockey and I think Bergeron is a legend but I can't stand Marchand! 
    Couture and Thornton are local boys so I'm hanging my hat on the Sharks!
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • Jonnysouth
    Jonnysouth Posts: 162
    Options

Congrats to Boston and their fans. Pulling for the Blues here. Can’t believe they allowed that OT goal in game 3 when the NHL already has a rule in place to get those kind of plays correct but “they” the NHL didn’t think it would be fair to San Jose to enforce that rule!! WHAT THE WHAT!! Seems to me the NHL would love to see Joe play for the Cup against his former team!! I’d be happy to see Joe win a Cup as well but let the games be played and won with integrity!! Blues need to win tonight or the series is over.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,637
    Options

Congrats to Boston and their fans. Pulling for the Blues here. Can’t believe they allowed that OT goal in game 3 when the NHL already has a rule in place to get those kind of plays correct but “they” the NHL didn’t think it would be fair to San Jose to enforce that rule!! WHAT THE WHAT!! Seems to me the NHL would love to see Joe play for the Cup against his former team!! I’d be happy to see Joe win a Cup as well but let the games be played and won with integrity!! Blues need to win tonight or the series is over.

Hmmm, I believe they were very clear, it wasn’t reviewable under current rules, not a preference thing, but foil hats may say otherwise.
  • Jonnysouth
    Options

@ Legume, I’ll have to try and post a link to the article I read today where Colin Campbell says they have the rule but didn’t want to enforce it in round 3. Maybe I misread it.

• Jonnysouth
    Options

As I read it, they have the rule to review such a goal, but didn’t want to enforce it because they haven’t used the rule before or have informed the teams they were going to do so from game 1 of when the playoffs started. See what you make of the article.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nhl-admits-to-missed-call-on-karlssons-game-3-ot-winner-224116442.html

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,637
    Options
    @jonnysouth that's similar to what I heard discussed.  Hand passes are not reviewable, but...use of the rule they quote in there could be expanded to include something like that, but more likely if the hand pass had been a direct assist and not until next year because they'll have more work to do to clarify the rule.  Nobody on the ice could've been prepared to make that call or precedent once it was missed.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,827
    Options
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • CTMike
    Options
    My wife is inpatient at Yale again but I watched the game on my iPad in her room. Was hard not yelling when they scored and when Krug lit up Thomas. It was a well deserved hit based on Thomas’s actions in front of the goal. 

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • fishlessman
    Options
    brutal hit on grzelcyk, but thats hockey.  really took its toll on the defense come overtime, b's defense had no legs left
    fukahwee maine

• Jonnysouth
    Options

Am I the only Blues fan going against you 2 Bruins fans? Looks like the Blues player is getting suspended 1 game. Very unfortunate for Grezelcyk. I didn’t think it was dirty hit or any ill intent by Sundquist. Hate to see anyone get hit like that to the head. Game 2 was the hardest hitting game I’ve seen all playoffs. I hope we can put the squeeze on you guys with the next 2 games in St. Louis. LETS GO BLUES!!

• CTMike
    Options
    Game 2 was wide open in the first period, and unfortunately I couldn’t watch the rest of the game as I had to get up at 0330. Congrats to the Blues, and their fans. 

Looking forward to Game 3 tomorrow. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    Options
    The Bruins are putting the biscuit in the basket tonight. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Jonnysouth
    Options

Man, your boys are whopping us tonight!! I can’t believe we haven’t given you guys a tougher battle!! I’d be happy if we could force OT at this point!!

• CTMike
    Options

Man, your boys are whopping us tonight!! I can’t believe we haven’t given you guys a tougher battle!! I’d be happy if we could force OT at this point!!

Boston took St Louis out behind the woodshed tonight 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    Options
    Bruins left no doubt tonight, still not a great game and they won big. I was encouraged after game 2 because I think St Louis played their best game, and snuck away with an OT win.

If the Bruins lose this series, it’ll be because they gave it away, not because St Louis won it. 
  • Jonnysouth
    Options

Well, I can only hope that Boston scored all their goals in this game and will have trouble putting the biscuit in the basket going forward!

• keener75
    Options
    This series is far from over! The Blues have the depth to make a comeback. 
    I think we will see 7 games.
  • CTMike
    Options
    keener75 said:
    This series is far from over! The Blues have the depth to make a comeback. 
    I think we will see 7 games.
    I don’t see that happening, the Blues are obviously a good team, but I feel they are clearly outmatched. We shall see. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Jonnysouth
    Options
    Well, we’re down to the best of 3 now. We’ve got to win 1 in Boston so we just as well make it game 5 and then finish it back in St. Louis. Entertaining game last night. 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Bostons defense is in trouble and it looks like the Blues have Rask figured out. Would be a real choke on Bostons part to come away empty. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • CTMike
    Options
    Blues stepped up last night, no doubt about it. Losing Chara clearly hurt the defense. 

Let’s see how Game 5 turns out. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Jonnysouth
    Options
    They’re saying Chara has a broken jaw. Hate to hear that if it’s true. Very unfortunate to have the puck hit his stick and then jaw! That can certainly be a game changer if he’s no longer able to play??
  • fishlessman
    Options
    They’re saying Chara has a broken jaw. Hate to hear that if it’s true. Very unfortunate to have the puck hit his stick and then jaw! That can certainly be a game changer if he’s no longer able to play??
    even if he playsits pretty much impossible to see the puck at your feet with that face shield that he would need to wear
    fukahwee maine

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Was coaching my sons team back in the day. Took one to the face from ten feet. It was a 14 year old. Woke up 30 seconds later slumped over the rail. Can't imagine a shot to the mouth from a pro.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • lemonbunny
    Options
    Columbus Blue Jackets fans here!
  • keener75
    Options
    I still think the Blues are going to take this thing, especially now with the Bruins injuries. Ryan O'Reilly is a beast and Binnington is in the zone! 
    Speaking of injuries...this may deserve it's own thread but does anyone else think the Raptors have the perfect opportunity to win an NBA championship with the Warriors all banged up? Their defense has been great, they just have to start making the shots when it matters!
    It's not very often our great nation can get behind one team. The Blue Jays in the mid 90's and now the Raptors! What a time to be alive!