Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Kickstarter pellet adapter for 22" weber kettle

EggscusesEggscuses Posts: 386

The Pella: A Weber Kettle Pellet Adapter by Spider Grills, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1563041397/weber-kettle-pellet-adapter

Anybody see this ? Looks interesting to me.

Comments

• smokingalsmokingal Posts: 319

Looks cool, but as I've been awaiting delivery for the past 5 years for my first (and last) project backing, I cannot in good conscience pledge any money for anything else.

It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap
    http://barbecueaddict.com
  • blastingblasting Posts: 6,262

A plug in weber kettle... seems like they may be trying to complicate something that should be simple.

Phoenix 
  • HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 6,019

The Spider Grills peeps had a thread on reddit yesterday talking about that gizmo. Pretty cool idea and a neat approach to hooking it into the kettle without having to mod the kettle in any way.

Pretty sweet intro price but they wouldn't say what they expect to set the actual retail price at after the Kickstarter campaign is over - some were guessing maybe $350.

I've backed a couple dozen projects (no interest in this one tho) and I guess I have been lucky as I have always gotten what was offered. A few projects were overdue by more than a year or so but they all eventually delivered. Only had one project deliver early and that was the Fireboard.

I wish them well as it is a pretty clever device.

Camped out in the (757/804)
  • BugFreak72BugFreak72 Posts: 110

So for about the cost of a Weber Smokey Mtn you can (potentially) buy something that turns your kettle into a Smokey Mtn? Neat idea but seems like a waste to me.

• EggscusesEggscuses Posts: 386

How long can you smoke on a smoky mtn before having to add more wood?

This, they say, can give you 12 + hrs.

• As cheap as pellet grills are getting, don’t see the value there. Might as well buy a cheap Traeger tailgater and keep your kettle for fast hot cooks.

Land of OZ-Hays Kansas

BGE XL++Flameboss 300 WiFi++Blackstone 36"++2 Weber Kettles

• BugFreak72BugFreak72 Posts: 110

Generally I get around 12 hours depending on temps and protein amount. My egg is still much better at long smokes though. Like I said neat idea just unnecessary with the quality and price of smokers out these days. The auto temp control is nice but even then we have those already too.

• HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 6,019

The thing connects/disconnects from the kettle very quickly so it's not as if you are losing normal use of your kettle.

Camped out in the (757/804)