Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Ideas

Options

Been loving birds on the BGE latley. Mostly I process full birds. Spatchcocking. Halves. Wondering if I might try quarters next? And advantage or ideas out there on doing quarters? I'm sure it is a moot point. Just curious if there might be a not so obvious advantage to quarters vs halves.

Moved from upper left to Denver, CO | BGE LG & MMX + Kotaigrill [Hibachi]

Comments

• Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options

I've never been a quarters fan. The only advantage I can think of cooking quarters is that you may end up with more even cooking considering the sizes of each part of the chicken.

Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options

I usually do spatched but last night I just cut it into pieces. Two breasts, two wings, two thighs, two drums, one heart, two gizzards, the neck and the back. I did it for a couple of reasons. It was getting late so it would cook faster. I wanted to teach my daughter how to cut one up and I knew I was going to sauce it. Another advantage of pieces is the ability to move them as needed due to hot spots and the size of the piece.

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser