Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pastrami and building a deck

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200

The pictures are all out of order, but who cares? Started building a simple deck on Saturday, got it mostly finished on Sunday but I ran out of boards and screws and time. I honestly didn't think I was going to get that far so that's why I didn't get all the deck boards. That and the bed of the truck was already pretty full. I'll finish it a bit each night after work this week.

While I was working on the deck, I smoked a pastrami. Took a corned beef and soaked it in water for a few days to pull the salt out. Rubbed it down with a rub I found on Amazing Ribs. Went on the Egg at 9:20 with some hickory chunks and cherry chips. Once it hit 153, I wrapped it and put it back on. Wife pulled it when it hit 203 some time around 2:15 and FTC'ed it. I was on another trip to Home Depot at the time so not sure on the exact time.

When it was time to eat, it went on rye bread with some mayo, spicy mustard, a little Thousand Island dressing, some swiss cheese and sauerkraut. Washed it down with a few home made Irish Red Ales that I brewed awhile back just for St. Patty's day.

Helluva a weekend, lotta hard work and I am sore all over but happy as can be.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments