Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Beef yesterday Pork today.

pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 11,704
Butchered a spare slab into a Stl slab and some overburden. Couple chunks of both cherry and pecan. Intend to do a variation of comp style 3-2-1. 

Comments

• johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 4,792
    Enjoy your Sunday Pete..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 11,704
    Enjoy your Sunday Pete..
    You as well. 
  • dmchicagodmchicago Posts: 1,514
    I wanted ribs tonight but the wife wanted fish so....
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
    dmchicago said:
    Both?
    Stage 2 wrap with some of the usual suspects. Back on  
    Done. A little rest to allow them to retighten just a bit before carving. Light slather of a sweet heat sauce applied on the egg and heated up for 1/2 hour. 
    dmchicago said:
    Both?
    She heading out of town tomorrow so tomorrow night I get my ribs....
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
    Beautiful. 

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • CigarCityEggerCigarCityEgger Posts: 1,125
    Man, you can crank out some fine looking ribs. Enjoy!
    Man, you can crank out some fine looking ribs. Enjoy!
    Thank you. 
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 8,614
    Both days cooks look great but I bet the beef day was better.  

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Hans61Hans61 Posts: 3,656
    I bet those were wonderful.

How’s that glaze? Never tried but thought of getting the rib candy one for a while now
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
    Hans61 said:
    I bet those were wonderful.

How’s that glaze? Never tried but thought of getting the rib candy one for a while now
    Not a ton of flavor. Really pretty subtle, but puts a pretty sheen on dem bad boys. The tiger sauce ands some kick to balance all the sweet. I’d say get some rib candy. I’ve heard nothing but great things. 
    Both days cooks look great but I bet the beef day was better.  
    Thank you sir.

You are prolly right, but it’s close. I really am a pork rib lover ya know. I’d say that brisket stick was the winner by a nose. 
  • abtaylor260abtaylor260 Posts: 80
    The color on the ribs is spot on. Nice work!
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 6,171
    I can't tell from the beautiful piks how good it tasted. I can only guess they tasted as good as they looked. But the bare bone shot! That is meat done right. Perfectly melted connective tissue. For me, that is the real goal. Hats off to you.
    gdenby said:
    I can't tell from the beautiful piks how good it tasted. I can only guess they tasted as good as they looked. But the bare bone shot! That is meat done right. Perfectly melted connective tissue. For me, that is the real goal. Hats off to you.
    They did not suck. Thank you for the kind words
    The color on the ribs is spot on. Nice work!
    The cherry in the mix helps deepen the color for sure. Thanks for the compliment.
  • nice looking wibbies!
    I'll have to try cherry & pecan chunks on mine time
  • JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,664
    Nicely done!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
    @marysvilleksegghead  pecan or hickory will do but the cherry helps a little with the color. Apple will do similar things. The cherry has a more rounded edge to it IMO. 

Thank you. 
    Nicely done!!
    I just like to cook pork ribs. Hell I cook them once a month and take them to work. Just cuz I want to cook em. 

Thanks for the kind words.