Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Wilber’s BBQ Closes

Wilber’s Barbecue is another NC landmark cue joint to close its doors in recent months. Guess bbq joints, like celebs, pass in threes. 

Wilber’s, located in Goldsboro, was a mainstay for decades. Mr. Wilber Shirley’s hickory cooked pork was regarded as some of the best bbq in Eastern NC.  While the cue put it on the map, the real gem was their baked chicken - more notably the greasy, tangy chicken gravy.  I always ordered a pint of gravy for my fries and hush puppies. Yes, each pint was worth the years of life likely lost

In my opinion the food has been propped up on its fame in recent years, but it’s still disheartening to see another iconic joint close its doors.  I hope this isn’t a trend. 

Comments

• Our local BBQ joint just got shut down by the IRS too.  I drove there to have lunch with a buddy, and the IRS truck was confiscating everthing in the kitchen, including his big trailer mounted pit back in the alley.  They even got his Harley!  It all went to auction.

He made some good Q with that big stickburner, and prices were very reasonable.  Going to miss that, as all we have left in the area now are the "chain" bbq places.

Land of OZ-Hays Kansas

BGE XL++Flameboss 300 WiFi++Blackstone 36"++2 Weber Kettles