Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need HELP! Frozen pizza dough balls thawing?!?!

Options

NEED HELP- making pizza tonight with sams club frozen dough balls. It says lay them out at least 12 hrs before hand and my wife didn’t know they had to be refrigerated to thaw and now the balls she laid out have been in the counter for 12 hours... they don’t look so good. If I put a few in the fridge now and in 6-8 hrs pull from fridge, should I set on counter for an hour to speed it up from there?  I just need these frozen balls ready to make pizza around 3-4pm

Edwardsville, IL (Near St. Louis, MO)
Large Big Green Egg & Weber Genesis II 

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Not to be a smart ass....but 😏
    Those frozen dough balls can be hit or miss.  Do you feel lucky? Well do ya Punk.
    I'd just grab some flour, water, yeast and salt.  But, that's me.  
    Defrosting in frig helps warm  gradually (thanks Mr. Obvious IKR 😂) but, it also keeps the dough silky smooth without messing up the texture by shocking it.

Now your answer..
    Yes you can go frig then counter for final proof. Will it work?  Who knows...i didn't make the dough 😁
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    Shouldn't be a problem if there's nothing that spoiled in the dough..Throw them in a bowl,  cover with cling wrap and let them proof.  If you have a warming drawer throw them in there at the lowest setting.

Again, this is assuming there's no eggs or ingredients in the dough that didn't spoil by sitting out. 
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • unoriginalusername
    Options
    If you make your own fresh it only needs to sit for an hour before you can use it.