Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Used Large Egg - $250

I got lucky yesterday on an egg find.  Actually it was Friday night.  I was searching online classifieds for BBQ as I do, and came across a large that had been posted 30 minutes prior.  I called and the nice lady told me it was mine, and we arranged pickup for Saturday (up by @Botch 's neighborhood, I am surprised I beat him to it =) ).  When I got there, I learned that this was the beloved egg of her father that passed a few years ago.  We had a great conversation about what a great man her dad was, and I told her it was only fitting that I name the egg Mike, after her dad.

I didn't see any cracks when I picked it up yesterday, but it was just a quick scan.  Today I pulled it out and removed several inches of ash and almost concrete since it has been sitting for a few years, and to my pleasant surprise, there are no cracks anywhere.  Not only that, a lot of the ceramic is somewhat white in places, and the gasket has no sign of high heat use ever before.  A little shocking for an egg that is about ten years old.  I assembled it back together, and put the bag of BGE lump she gave me in it to give it a cleaning burn (like 600ish, not nuclear or anything).  It got the meat sweats from the cleaning run.  I am excited to give it some use.

Comments